Nationwide Appraisal Network, based in Oldsmar, FL, is currently is seeking a Certified Appraiser Liaison – Staff Appraiser who is responsible for assisting in reaching department goals for efficiency and improving quality of appraisal reports. This will require providing feedback to department manager and team leads, maintaining personal production levels, review appraisal products with the objective to verify their compliance with all regulations, review and communicate UW conditions within compliance guidelines among other duties.
The Certified Appraiser Liaison – Staff Appraiser opportunity is tailored to an individual who wants to work for a company whose internal culture is focused on making a true difference in the industry through teamwork, communication, support and service. Candidates who have a desire to work in a team environment through the evolving mortgage and real estate appraisal industry should apply.
- Review appraisal products with the objective to verify their compliancy with USPAP, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA and/or Client Specific guidelines
- Receive and review UW conditions from the client; filter and send applicable conditions to the appraiser in compliance with AIR, USPAP, Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, and/or State and Federal regulations
- Communicate directly with appraisers and clients to coordinate report revisions, client underwriting conditions, appraisal disputes, escalations and completion deadlines
- Provide feedback and work with the department manager and team leads to continually improve the department
- Assist team in reaching department goals including maintaining designated queues
- Maintain personal production levels
- Serve as a resource for industry and product knowledge
- Assist Chief Appraiser as needed
- Minimum 5 years certified appraiser experience
- Active certified appraiser license
- FHA Certification
- Strong project and time management skills
- Strong working knowledge of federal, state, and appraisal rules, laws, and regulations relative to the appraisal and mortgage industry.
- Demonstrated effective and proactive leadership
- Proven ability to solve and resolve problems by putting program and change efforts into action
- Demonstrated professional judgment in reaching conclusions to make timely and accurate decisions or make mid-course changes
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
Physical and Work Environment Demands:
The physical and work environment demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the responsibilities of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with a disability to perform the position responsibilities.
Physical demands, such as the ability to walk, sit, etc., are those of a typical office environment. Work environment demands include working in an office setting. This position may require occasional overnight travel, evening and/or weekend hours.